From all the diets, I chose these diets for 2 reasons:
- They are somewhat popular. Intermittent Fasting (IF) is always popular because of “autophagy” or the fact that you “burn fat while fasting because you’re using your reserves of fat”. Flexible diet seems to be the best thing since sliced bread. Eat what you want and lose weight, right? Let’s see.
- They are different enough to make a comparison.
So who would win the fight?
The truth is… none of them.
Simply put, win what?… Prices? (Don’t think so),… Awards for dieting? (Definitely not).
You see, neither of these OR any diet have been shown to be better than the other.
But this only happens in one condition.
When calories and protein are equated.
So if you were to diet at 1500kcal with 150g of protein, and you purposely track only these 2 things while following these diets, you’ll get the same results.
And by same results, it means —> lost the same amount of fat, retained the most LBM.
There are a large number of studies that have shown this.
Even when there are studies that show that some diets are superior to others, the fact that they cannot be replicated refutes that premise (until – and only if – it happens)…
Sadly, the industry can be tricky.
You have endless diets that tell you that keto is the best… or maybe is it paleo?
You get the idea.
How do you know which one will work for you?
It’s hard to tell as I would be giving you some generic (and probably useless) advice, yet…
here are some guidelines you can follow:
- Think if there’s any food you’d be willing to give up… not for a month or 4, but for the rest of your life.
- If you don’t want to, then it means you shouldn’t look for a diet that limits any particular food.
- Track back your eating patterns from the last 2 weeks. It should give you a good idea on how much you’re eating per day.
Again, this is just a brief (and not very helpful) guide to point you in the right direction.
If you’d want to know in great detail how to choose the right regimen for you (whether that’s flexible dieting or IF), click below to sign up to my daily email tips:
Now go and enjoy your burger, ice cream, donut or whatever you want… you should have piece of mind knowing you’d still get the results you want.