Last week, I read someone asking this question in a forum:
“What are some of the best high protein foods for building muscle/fat loss?”
And it’s an interesting question, but not for the reason you may be thinking…
You see, protein is protein.
That means, there’s no such a thing as protein that’s good for building muscle, and protein that’s good for fat loss.
You can eat the same protein sources and do either of those goals.
For you to build muscle or lose fat, you need to focus on what matters.
And what matters is consuming the number of calories that will allow you to get the goal you want.
Still… assuming she was looking for some protein sources in general, here’s my 7 favorite protein foods that give you the highest quality protein.
- Eggs – considered the highest quality protein from a natural source. Whatever presentation you like, make sure it’s cooked. There’s a vitamin called Biotin that’s only available in the egg whites when they are white, not raw or transparent.
- Salmon – great source of protein and unsaturated fats. You’re gonna want to try it every once in a while, and it tastes great.
- Chicken – probably the most common protein source out there.
- Turkey – similar to chicken, it has a high amount of protein per serving…
- Tuna – there’s no better way to get out of a protein rush than tuna. Since it’s canned, you can use it in a lot of ways.
- Greek yogurt – this is probably the only one in this list that can be combined with more sweet food. You can create a lot of desserts with this.
- Whey protein – wasn’t sure to include it on this list, but if you like and enjoy desserts, whey protein can be a great source of quality protein. And you can take it with you with ease, so that’s another advantage. It’s not mandatory, and it’s definitely not a miracle.
There you have it.
I’m planning to break down in greater detail all the questions that you have about building muscle, losing fat, and just getting into the shape you want in a newsletter I’m planning to launch in the future (no clear deadline yet, but will tell yo
If you’d like to not only ask me questions about losing fat, but receiving daily email tips like this… then you’re gonna want to sign up below:
Now keep working towards your goals… you’ll get there,